TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Like I said before, the adapter is designed to be identical
People Seeking Info

Subject Like I said before, the adapter is designed to be identical

Posted by TriniTT on October 09, 2014 at 7:27 AM
  This message has been viewed 206 times.

In Reply To Re: The jwt kit isn't functionally different than the z1 kit posted by Kvert on October 08, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Message to the newer style fuel rail. Whatever gaps you're seeing are the same exact thing that a newer style rail would have. It sounds to me like you had multiple issues going on, since you had injector #1 spraying too much without any obvious issues with the oring on that cylinder. That's indicative of injector failure and would be unrelated to the orings or installation.

It sounds to me like the only thing you did wrong was to not install new pintle caps on all injectors before installing the injectors. If you had, chances are your only incident would have been with injector #1 failing open. It happens, so just replace it and move on. I'd go with oem orings from here on out, I have no experience with the viton orings and haven't heard of issues with them, but there's no sense in going through the hassle for a part that's so inexpensive to buy oem.

Cheers,
JBrobst

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.